Wednesday 30 September 2009

More space. Anyone?

Yes! I have finished my course. I have passed. I am now a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) and must undertake a probationary year before the government will let me teach the little b*ggers my way.

The problem now seems to be the sudden and complete lack of NQT positions at schools within reasonable driving distance of my home. I have, by the way, moved back in with my parents. But more on this another time.

After having read a recent article by Starlingford (never accept food from this man) I was appalled to hear of the undeserved and entirely inexcusable abuse of Shakespeare and am bothered by this story. And possibly, if I can find the energy, a bit upset.

"O villain, villain, smiling, damned villain!"

To read more about this heinous crime (and his latest culinary disa… venture) visit his blog here. He is also a dreadfully fussy eater. Just ask him for a list of the things he won’t eat. It’ll keep him busy for days.

And, on a side note, there’s a good butcher in Aberdeen who does pheasant. And a couple of good farm shops too. The big Tesco also does quails eggs. I liked cooking in Aberdeen. I made a wonderful roast duck dish once that I had to make again for my family (never mind that my Mother doesn’t eat duck). I could have done with two ducks, really, and an extra bottle of ale, but it worked. And they loved it (including Mum. Go figure.)

Student life doesn’t normally stretch to fancy foods. But here at home I have a decent kitchen to work in. Something I’ve not had for a year. What ever possessed me to go back into halls?
What am I doing right now? Unpacking boxes and boxes of my stuff. I have no space. I need more shelves. Many, many, many more shelves.

And I can’t find my recipe books.

*twitch*

No comments: